Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Check in: Week 6

I lost one more pound this week, so I must be doing something right! Still at it at the gym, and staying on point with my food tracking, during the week that is. I had a really big weekend with friends who came to town from the East Coast to celebrate my friend Amanda's Dirty Thirty. I tried not to go overboard, but honestly, I didn't even try to track my points this weekend. There were food and cocktails a-plenty and while I was conscious about what I was eating, I fully enjoyed myself! I saved all of my weekly points, and stashed away my activity points in preparation for the weekend... something told me I was going to need them!
 
We're talking dinner out on Friday night at the Grand Lux Cafe at Palazzo (Their tuna tartare salad is killer!) followed by red velvet birthday cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. After that we headed out to Frankie's Tiki Room which is always a dimly lit scene of scandalous, rum fueled unrepentant debauchery! I only had two tiki drinks... but then there was a late night snack at Herbs and Rye with my friend Gemini after the East Coasters went back to their hotel to pass out. Herbs and Rye is a fun little spot with great food and drinks, and a number of tasty happy hour specials. It was also the scene of my introduction to the glories of carpaccio (or as I like to call it: cow sushi! Haha!) Shrimp cocktails, bacon topped mac and cheese... and no more drinks for the mermaid. Not until the next afternoon anyway... when I hit the champagne brunch at the Bellagio with my East Coasters. I kid you not when I say that our party of 7 held down the table for a full five hours. We hit up the buffet line for all manner of tasty things, but it was the champagne that really fueled the afternoon's shenanigans! We had such a great time laughing and telling stories. I kept expecting our servers to gently (or not so gently) suggest that we'd more than had our money's worth, but they just kept refilling our glasses! 
 
Saturday evening was another night out on the always fabulous Las Vegas Strip, and another meal out at the PBR Rock Bar at Planet Hollywood. I tried to be good and ordered a turkey sandwich on whole weat, but it was no good, so I picked at a pile of fries instead. Probably the worst empty food decision of the weekend. At least the rest of the indulgences were worth it. I only had one beer plus a shot of Jack when a cute rugby player bought a round for all of us girls. All in all, not nearly as bad as it could have been.
 
Sunday was tame in the grand scheme of things, with dinner out at a Mexican restaurant just before dropping my friends off at the airport. Unfortunately, the food was not so good. My entree was anything but light... but I ate less than half of it. I more than made up for it with tortilla chips, I'm afraid... which was probably the tastiest part of the meal.
 
After the weekend's indulgences, I'm going to be happy if I even break even on my next weigh in. I weigh in on Thursdays, so this week's weigh in took place before the indulgences of the weekend. I've taken the upcoming week off work for a little staycation. I'd like to think that I'll be a good monkey, but we'll see what happens.
 
Weeks down: 6
Weeks to go: 46
Starting weight: 271.5 lbs
Current weight: 265 lbs
This week's loss: 1 lbs
2012 weight loss: 6.5 lb
2012 goal: 219.5 lbs
Starting BMI 40.00
Current BMI 39.1

Started WW on 11/28, @ 281.5 lbs 
Total loss: 16.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment